Friday, April 24, 2009

The Green Beard

Somebody asked if I am Irish and if my beard is green for Saint Patrick's Day. No, I am South African and as far as I know I don't have any Irish blood, but anything is possible :-) The green beard ( and shaven head ) was done for charity!

The photo was taken after I participated in the CANSA Shavathon. After they shaved my head they decided to spray my beard as well.

CANSA ( Cancer Association of South Africa ) hosts an annual national CANSA Shavathon over 2 days for people to shave or spray their hair for a R50 donation at either workplaces, organizations, educational institutions or shopping centers. The Shavathon raises awareness and funds for the fight against cancer.

You can get more information on CANSA on their website. You can also find CANSA Shavathon on Facebook and on Flickr. You can also go here to make a donation

0 comments:

Post a Comment